Sunday, March 31, 2013

Buzz and Bumble Blog Hop

Hello! Today I am participating in the Buzz and Bumble Damask Divas Blog Hop! This blog hop officially starts on April 1st so if you run into any dead ends with the links please come back later. (Thanks!!) What's a blog hop you ask? Well a blog hop is when a group of people get together and link to each other's blogs so that you go in a big circle and "hop" from blog to blog until you've seen them all. Usually each blog hop as a theme and our theme is the Buzz and Bumble paper pack from Close to My Heart.

If you've come from Lilian Yeh's blog : theleafstudio.blogspot.com you are in the right place!! If you just happened across my blog then please start from the beginning or make sure you follow through and visit everyone along the way. I promise you will not regret it! Go to:

When I first saw this paper I was like... EEeek!! Bees!!! I mean bees?? I'm not a big fan. Then I started looking at it and I thought, well this is kind of perfect for Spring isn't it?! Bees, honey, flowers!! Idea!!! I was totally excited because I thought I wouldn't be able to pull this off. This is actually my second blog post of the day, BUSY week and I ran out of time!! Hopefully there are no major mistakes ;) and if I left out any info please feel free to ask questions in the comments section. On with the hop....



I decided to make a cute birthday card. I'm not sure where it fill find it's home but that will come to me later. I pulled out the super cute Bugs & Hugs stamp set and thought the flower border stamp would be perfect for this card layout. It also allows me to add a pop of color to my card without messing up the theme. I used the bee stamp from that same set and stamped using black on the Buzz and Bumble honey comb paper to make two cute bees. I just cut them out free hand after I stamped them. The flowers I cut using the cricut and also the hexagon shape and tag at the top which I stamped Happy Birthday using the Joyful Birthday stamp set. I inked the flowers and the tag with Goldrush ink and stamped the happy birthday using cocoa ink. I used colored pencils to color in the border at the bottom. Final touches are the Opaques Mocha Adhesive Gems and I added gold glitter to the center of the flowers. 






Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my blog. I hope you have fun with the blog hop and are inspired to try something new!!  Now don't forget to check out Traci Williams blog along the way I hear she has something special for one lucky viewer. Happy Easter!!

Next up on the hop is: Sharon Chapman's blog : paperfiesta.blogspot.com


11 comments:

  1. Love this one! I totally missed the little bees in the stamp set you used when I browsed the catalog the first time around. Now it is on my short list for sure! I adore the colorful grassy border! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super job. lots of fun details!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone else-very cute! I can't wait until I get this set! I just ordered it as a hostess gift. You did a great job of selecting colors for stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this and I am imagining seeing it in real life! You bring such a fun perspective in the craetion of this card...should be in a cartoon scene. Very adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was channeling Tinker Bell when I was coloring it ;)

      Delete
  5. Very very cute. Love the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! I love all the color you added to the bottom and those bees are so sweet! Gonna have to play with that stamp set again for sure now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card! So spring-y and I love spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!