Saturday, April 6, 2013

Color Dare #37 - Juniper

Hello, Welcome to Crafting With Carolyn!! Today I have a new challenge to participate in -- the Color My Heart - Color Dare Challenge!! Every week a Close To My Heart color is chosen and used for color inspiration!! This week's color inspiration is Juniper!! I think it is SO pretty. Love this color!!

I have been dying to craft all week but, I've been helping a friend paint her house so I haven't been home much. I'm a stay at home mom and I typically tend to do chores before crafting (a bit of clean freak in me) so I woke up early on purpose - on a Saturday - JUST to join in on this Color Dare! I told my husband who leaves at 8am to make sure I was awake before he left! Haha. I was NOT going to waste prime time to craft!! I managed to get up but then I started cleaning and I made breakfast for the kids, something I don't do too often because they're usually up before me .... and then cleaned some more ... Yeah I know .... CLEAN FREAK! I was finally able to sit down and craft after lunch! I flipped through the 2013 Spring Summer Close To My Heart Idea Book  looking for some inspiration and I found the adorable little card on the bottom of page 111 with it's little ruffles!! I love the way that card looks and wanted to make my own version of it. Here's what I came up with...


As you can see I used Juniper but I also used a sheet from the For Always paper pack. I thought this black, white and juniper combo was perfect!! I cut out my "ruffles" and flowers using the Cricut Artiste Cartridge and then realized I had the perfect opportunity to use my Anna Griffin Cuttlebug!! I haven't gotten to play with my cuttlebug much yet but, I love it already! I'm new to embossing. This cuttlebug is my first. I used one of the border folders to add this leafy pattern which I think goes perfect with the flowers on the For Always sheet.


My daughter and I have decided we want to help celebrate all the teachers/faculty/staff birthdays at our Elementary school not just the ones we have each year. They are after all, a team. We love our teachers too so it's not a hardship. Knowing we have our work cut out for us I decided to make 6 of these cards. There are two different patterns in the same style.


What do you think?? I kind of love both styles but that For Always flower is definitely trying to steal the show!! The final touches are the bling gems from the Boutique Assortment which are in the While Supplies Last section for only $1.50!! ((Ahhh! I need to go buy more before they're all gone!)) And the black glitter ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all go out and get some inspiration from the Color My Heart - Color Dare Challenges!!

Find Me on: Close To My Heart * Facebook * Twitter * Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. The teachers will love them, Carolyn! I love the embossing on the Juniper! Fabulous idea for the hint of shimmer trim at the bottom...love! :) Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the For Always flower is the show-stealer! Love your ruffled cards, as will their recipients. Glad you carved out some crafty time this weekend, and linked up to Color My Heart. Thanks for visiting my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing on the juniper is so pretty as are the flowers. Would love to see the faces of the teachers when they receive these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Carolyn, oh queen of beautiful flowers! You made For Always and Juniper look like they were made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with the "For Always Flower" folks...that's my favorite of the two. What a great set of cards. The teachers will love them. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week. We're so glad you got up early!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards, Carolyn. I really like the For Always print with the Juniper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, Carolyn! I love the combination of For Always with Juniper and the paper flowers--both flowers look great. Thanks for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare. We appreciate your participation and hope you will share your wonderful artwork with us again soon!

    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thsnk you so very much for joining us this week at Color my Heart. The For Always paper is so flexible with any color. Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Juniper with For Always. You did a really good job on this set of cards. Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!