Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mojo Monday 300 Celebration

Hello! Are you enjoying your summer? I can't believe one whole month of summer (in Texas "summer" begins after the last day of school) is gone for us!! I got my month of "relaxing" out of the way and now I am ready to get back into crafting! July is FULL of birthdays in my family. It used to be just me and my mom but now we also celebrate my oldest son, my niece and my nephew, plus a handful of close friends.

Crafting for so many purple loving women/girls I immediately went through my paper stash and searched for purple floral paper. Can you believe I didn't have anything on hand?!?! With the 4th of July holiday this week I did not have time to go out and buy anything so I put my thinking cap on and made my own!! You'll see my creation in the card I am about to show you. I am entering this card in the Mojo Monday 300 Celebration as well.

If you haven't heard of Mojo Monday you should really check it out. Each week a talented crafter offers a sketch for us all to use in a craft of our own. It is so much fun to see what they come up with for our sketch and equally fun checking out all the crafts that are created from this sketch. Not to mention it's an awesome way to start off the crafting week!!

Now to check out my birthday card...








Here's the sketch for Mojo Monday #300
Sketch design by: Julee Tilman











I only used my Cricut for a few items, the rest were cut using my paper trimmer and/or scissors. My card is a basic 4.25x5.50" sized card. Here are the shapes I used and their dimensions.

Purple rectangle - 5x3"
Black floral banner - 2.5x4.5" cut using Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge from Close to My Heart
White Square with black ink - 2.5"
White Circle with gypsy ink - 2.25" <----I think this could have been smaller.
White Flower with gypsy ink - 3" cut using Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge from Close to My Heart
Smaller purple banner pieces were cut by hand.

Black and Gypsy Ink both from Close to My Heart.

To make the square and circle pieces I used my Cuttlebug and ink from Close to My Heart. Using the ink pad I applied ink directly to the top of the folder I wanted to use. I only inked the section I planned on using. After applying the ink I put the paper on the bottom of the folder, closed the folder, ran it through the cuttlebug and had these beautifully inked and embossed pieces to work with. Using the Close to My Heart ink pads made it SO EASY to apply the ink! After I finished with the folders I rinsed them with water and allowed them to dry. This was an awesome tip I learned from watching Anna Griffin do it on HSN when she was showing her Cuttlebug & folders!! Finally put it to use with AMAZING results! Thanks Anna!





1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments!